home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Wednesday, October 14, 2009

L.O.V.E.U.



Mariah is at the top of her game on her latest album "Memoirs..." I haven't stopped playing it since I got it three weeks ago, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Every track is perfection. The woman is a master at conceiving, writing and producing pop music that satisfies the hungry heart. I venture to say, it's my favorite album of Mariah's since "Music Box." Even the gratuitous "The Impossible" has grown on me. Maybe it's that there are no rappers on this album (I actually prefer the Gucci Mane rap version of "Obsessed"), or maybe it's the absence of Jermaine Dupri that makes it so palpable. Whatever the case, I'm lovin' it.

This is how I resequenced her album (notice the absence of several interludes):

1. Obsessed f/Gucci Mane
2. Ribbon
3. Up Out My Face
4. More Than Just Friends
5. Angels Cry
6. Inseparable
7. Standing O
8. H.A.T.E.U.
9. It's A Wrap
10. Betcha Gon Know
11. Languishing (The Interlude)
12. I Want To Know What Love Is
13. Obsessed (Cahill Edit)
14. Candy Bling
15. Up Out My Face (The Reprise)
16. H.A.T.E.U. (Remix) f/Big Boi & Gucci Mane
17. I Want To Know... (Moto Blanco Edit)
18. The Impossible
19. Candy Bling (Remix) f/T-Bag
20. Obsessed (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Edit)

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances