home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Monday, March 02, 2009

Lyrics: Champion

Last weekend, I performed 2 nights in Tampa at a cabaret called "L'Olivier." I had a blast performing songs from my new album for the very first time. I got chills while singing "Champion", especially with Entertainment Weekly referring to this period as my comeback.

En route, I had a one hour layover in Atlanta and had dinner with a man i met in line at Pascals Soul Food. Joelle and I usually eat there everytime we pass through Hartsfield-Jackson, but this time I was traveling to Florida from LAX and she from JFK. Below is a picture of me with my dinner companion, Darrell.



Champion [R. Charles / L. Piane]

One dream, the will to fight
And all they could do was laugh
This time you got it right
And no one can take it back

They try to keep you down, but there's no denying

You're a champion, greatest of them all
You're a champion, never gonna fall
You're a champion still standing tall
You're a champion and you'll always be a hero oh oh oh...

Nobody wins by playin' small
Remember who you really are
Fearless and beautiful
The child of a shining star

And when your story's told and the truth unfolds
They will sing your praises loud
Cause your story's gold, if the truth be told
With all the children singing...
=

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances