home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Monday, January 08, 2007

america's next top bottom

Dear Ru,

8:05 p.m. 
I'm watching the new show on Lifetime cable TV, "Gay, Straight or Taken". Within 30 seconds I could tell that the secret gay bachelor is Bachelor B, "Mike". The bachelorette also guessed this within about 45 seconds, though the gay guy will    not be revealed until the end of the show. Now how will they stretch this out?


 8:35 p.m.
Oh crap. I guessed the wrong guy. Don't tell anyone, I always boast about my perfect gaydar. I bet if I had been there in person I could have told (sniffin' those pheromones, etc.). Now I see the trick...the secret gay guy is a TOP so he appears butch and is a "fooler". They are also choosing guys with gay jobs like interior designer and special events planner to trick those ladies... This time I think the queen is Bachelor C, Cale.

9:05 p.m.
Well at least this time I correctly guessed the identity of the gay guy. Once again, at the end of the show they brought on the partners of the Taken guy (a girlfriend) and the Gay guy (a boyfriend) and the gay boyfriend was a bottom.
 
However, the gorgeous interior decorator former Army guy had a really chubby girlfriend so either he is a chubby-chaser or a closet case of some type. Now I'm confused.....
 
I don't know if this show is gay positive or negative. In both cases the secret gay was a "butch" top who was "straight-acting" and "passable". Each secret gay guy's partner was a cute little bottom who could never pass as straight. Possible re-title choices:
 
Gay-Acting, Straight-Acting, or Taken from Behind?
 
Femme, Butch, or Transgendered?
 
Sort of Gay, Sort of Straight, or How Much Will You Pay For Trade?
 
Dominant Bottom, Submissive Top, or Versatile?
 
-Mike M.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances