home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Monday, June 27, 2005

THE CHICAGO FIRE

throughout my career, several cities have been instrumental to my evolution at one time or another, but none more consistently than CHICAGO. i don't know why, and quite frankly, i don't even want to try and figure it out. all i know is i'm gonna keep going back there until they run me outta town on a rail. i just love that city! i guess it helps that they treat me so well, which is exactly what they did this past weekend. the legendary children came out in droves to see "miss you betta work" live at GAY PRIDE. they were all so beautiful and lovely. they made me feel proud to be tres gay. thank you CHI-TOWN.

sunday night, i got back to NEW YORK CITY just in time to hit the CHRISTOPHER STREET piers and see the GAY PRIDE fireworks. there were thousands of gay children "looking good & feeling gorgeous" down there. it struck me that there were at least 12 biological women to every sole biological man in attendance. i wonder what that means in terms of sociological trends?

here are my favorite GAY PRIDE anthems:

1. we are the champions...queen
2. i am what i am...gloria gaynor
3. free...ultra nate
4. we built this city...jefferson starship
5. i'm coming out...diana ross
6. mighty real...sylvester
7. and i am telling you...jennifer holliday
8. this is my life...shirley bassey
9. in my life...bette midler
10. supermodel...HRH rupaula abdula fortensky lewinski zeta-jones lll

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances