home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Sunday, July 18, 2004

PUPPETRY AND A PENIS

AVENUE Q. won a TONY last month for BEST MUSICAL, and after experiencing it today, it was easy to see why. it was very funny, clever and irreverent. the cast was perfect. the audience was in love. midway through the second act, TOM and i looked at each other and said “that guy has to be the voice of FOZZIE BEAR!!!” during the whole first act, i was distracted by the huge “opening act” that BARRETT FOA was featuring in his pants...i couldn’t take my eyes off of it.

later, before we hit THE APPLE STORE, we stopped for “sugar free” ice cream in SOHO. we were eating our deceptive treats, while watching a street acappella group called USACAPPELLA, when two photographers for the NY POST popped out of nowhere and started taking pictures of me. i’ve been away from NYC for so long that it startled me, but i acted natural and calm. i could feel sweat beads starting to form on my forehead and my heart began to beat rapidly. it’s kind of a scary thing. when they finished, they came over and identified themselves and very nicely asked TOM what his name was. they asked me where have i been and what i had coming up. i told them about my album in september.

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances