home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Monday, July 12, 2004

NOT LIKE A VIRGIN

they say you’ll always remember your “first time”, and it’s true. the one who pops your cherry is the one whom you’ll judge all other similar experiences by. my hymen had already been pierced by the time MADONNA came along, so i was never too excited by what she had to offer. don’t get me wrong, i like alot of her songs and i admire the way she’s challenged the boundries of our culture, but for me it was always BOWIE, DIANA and CHER who defined my idea of a “hot shit player”.

i enjoyed the RE-INVENTION concert on thursday night, but i never felt moved enough to scream and shout. i did, however, scream and shout at the BLONDE AMBITION show 14 years ago, but i was also tanked up on booze, pills and pot. in my opinion, i didn’t feel this show had the fire to provoke screaming and shouting, but it did make me appreciate an artist who works her ass off to give the best she has.

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances