home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Sunday, June 13, 2004

“ To RuPaul,
I really didn’t forget...I’ve been away in Brazil.
Always, Diana Ross”

after i met ROSS, almost ten years ago, she sent me an autographed photo of herself on my request. when it arrived, i thought the inscription was a little odd, and so did my then boyfriend...so much so, that he continues to mock it to this very day. the funny thing is that all of last week during my visit to SAO PAULO, i could hear his voice in my head (mocking ROSS) saying the above quote.

i love BRAZIL, deeply. i’ve felt that way ever since my first visit in ‘96. i could so live there, and the only other place i’ve ever said that about is AUSTRALIA. in BRAZIL, the people are warm and sensual and breathtakingly beautiful.

when we arrived, we saw posters with my face plastered all over the city, not the current promo picture, but a shot from ten years ago. apparently, the club promoter allowed the president of my BRAZILIAN fan club to choose his favorite photo to be on the poster advertising my appearance.

right beside every poster we saw of me, there was another poster announcing a BILLY “Me & Mrs. Jones” PAUL concert. it looked as though the PAUL family was taking over SAO PAULO night life, especially since (as usual) my first name was separated into two names, giving the impression that PAUL was my last name.

sunday night, all be performing my new show in SALT LAKE CITY, and then i’ll perform my new single “Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous” at PEANUTS in WEST HOLLYWOOD on monday night.

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances