home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Thursday, January 22, 2004

THE SONG LIVES ON

it tickles me to no end, when i wake up in the morning and realize what song is playing in my head. it’s as though my subconscious mind has a music programmer of it’s own that isn’t swayed by what’s “cool” or CLEAR CHANNEL force feeding. sometimes, it’s more than embarrassing to admit to someone else what the current number one song playing in my head is, but i will reveal it now just to show how random it can be. holding at number one for the past two weeks in a row is RESTLESS HEART by PETER CETERA.

please, let me explain how it happened. i was uploading the greatest hits of the band CHICAGO into my IPOD, when i remembered a 1992 duet that the lead singer of the band had recorded with CHAKA KHAN for one of his solo albums. the duet is called FEELS LIKE HEAVEN, and i had bought the album, RESTLESS HEART, a year ago to include the duet in my CHAKA files. i dug it up and figured that while i had it out, i might as well peruse the rest of the album to see if there was anything else that i could use from it for my CHICAGO files. after sampling all the cuts on the CD, the only other song i liked was the title track.

that whole experience reignited my interest in FEELS LIKE HEAVEN, which is followed by RESTLESS HEART on my CHICAGO/IPOD playlist and before i knew it...POW! RESTLESS HEART had quickly soared to the top of my subconscious hit parade. for the past two weeks, i’ve played it countless times throughout the day. should i be embarrassed? probably, but i don’t care...i just love it.

by tomorrow morning, i’m pretty sure that the top spot will be taken over by an album cut from the new KRISTINE W opus entitled FLY AGAIN. the song is called I’LL BE YOUR LIGHT, and it’s already a classic in my book. y’all, let me tell you something, it’s worth spending the money to buy this album for that track alone. i mean it, it gives me chills everytime i hear it. she sings the fuck out of that song! it really shoulda been the first single. KRISTINE is one of the greatest singers of our time, and why she isn't a huge superstar is beyond my comprehension. find out more about KRISTINE W by CLICKING HERE .

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances