home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Thursday, January 15, 2004

IT AIN’T WHAT JONNO...IT’S WHO YOU KNOW!

after MICHAEL ROURKE, producer of my VH1 show, told me about the web-log craze, he sent me a list of blogs that i should check out. of the ten that he listed, the one that fascinated me the most belonged to a guy who lived in NEW ORLEANS. six months later, i decided to give blogging a try, and named this “big easy” blogging genius as my inspiration. within a week, i got a note from the master himself, and so began my two year telephone/e-mail correspondence with JONNO. we’d talk on the phone for hours and hours like old friends, even though we had never met, which is very odd for me because i am soooo not a phone person.

this past monday, i got a call from JONNO saying that he was in BURBANK staying at a friend’s house and that he’d love to meet me. i told him “hell yes, i’m only ten minutes away”. he then told me that he couldn’t right now, on account of the antihistamine he had just taken was making him drowsy, and that he needed to take a nap. he told me that his friend’s cat had done a number on his sinuses, and that he had no choice but to dose himself. i told him “ start packing your shit up, because when you wake up from your nappy-poo, you’re coming to stay with me”. i said “i’ve got an extra bedroom and no cats”.

meeting JONNO for the first time was like seeing an old buddy that i hadn’t seen in oh...a couple of days. he is just that easy to be around. he’s the perfect low maintenance house guest, and i couldn’t be happier.

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances