home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Saturday, October 18, 2003

IT WASN’T ME

every time i sit down to write my blog, i have to be very careful about how much information i divulge. you may have noticed that i only write about my travels after i’ve returned home. i get weirded out by people knowing my comings and goings. i don’t even like to post my upcoming personal appearances anymore.

just 2 weeks ago, i got a call from detectives who were tracking down thieves that had stolen my credit card number and had run up charges of $11.000.

similarly, a few years ago, some other crooks stole those stupid pre-approved checks from my mail box to the tune of $9.000. the crooks were caught, i stopped my credit card company from sending those checks, and i now have a post office box and a paper shredder.

a couple of years ago, i went the HOLLYWOOD HILLS house party of a well known music producer. one week later, i couldn’t figure out why the MOBIL speedpass on my key ring wasn’t working. i came to find out that a parking valet at the party had stolen the computer chip out of it’s plastic cylinder and had charged $1.400 at gas stations in the SAN BERNARDINO area. now i will only give the valet parking attendant one key and i’ve removed all personal information from my glove box.

in 1997, a man was sentenced to 4 years in prison for “personating” me. he ran “cons” by telling people that he was me and signed my name to checks. i did not know this man, nor had i ever seen or met him before. one month after his release from prison, he was caught for stealing my identity again. he is now serving 8 years in prison.

i don’t want to elaborate anymore on this particular episode, but i will say that the whole experience made me feel completely violated and very angry.

i get emails from people who say that they’ve read my profile on FRIENDSTER or talked to me in a chat room. i have never done either. i don’t like the idea of talking to someone who knows me, but i don’t know them. it gives me the creeps.

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances