home homenewsgallerymusicbiostorecontact


Weblog Archives
    
Sunday, May 11, 2003

FANCY MISS NANCY

last night, i returned from miami beach, where one of the highlights of my trip was getting to see NANCY WILSON perform live. i grew up with the knowledge of FANCY MISS NANCY, because she was my father’s favorite singer. i can still remember going through his collection of her albums and admiring the photos on the covers, but since we didn’t have a record player, i never got to listen to any of them. it wasn’t until the mid-seventies that i actually got to hear her music via THE MIKE DOUGLAS SHOW on tv. fast forward to 1997 when my friend NICK MARTINELLI gave me a copy of her album called WITH MY LOVER BESIDE ME. oh...my...god! the album is a bona fide masterpiece. i was hooked. since then, i’ve gone out and bought everything of her’s that i could get my hands on.

the concert was held at THE JACKIE GLEASON THEATRE, and it was truly flawless and amazing. during her incredibly captivating performance, i kept having to remind myself to breathe. her voice was pure and strong and real. my favorite songs of the evening were I CAN’T MAKE YOU LOVE ME, the classic GUESS WHO I SAW TODAY ? and IF I COULD, which brought me to tears. the most surprising aspect of the show was MISS WILSON’s hot-ass body. she wore a floor length wool/lycra gown that showed every curve of her svelte, youthful looking body. she has to be in her 70’s, but she has a body that women in their 30’s would be envious of. go ‘head on, MISS NANCY!

.

LADY E

friday afternoon, i went shopping with ELOUISE “champagne” MONTAGUE COUGAR-MELLENCAMP at the AVENTURA MALL in north miami. we had a terrific time catching up, sipping coffee and relax-ercising. she baked a batch of my favorite peanut butter cookies, that i gladly abandoned my current diet for. many of you will remember LADY E from the NOW EXPLOSION, the band from HOTLANTA that i got my show biz start in. she’s doing great and i’m sure she’d want me to tell everybody HELLO from her.

.

|




2009 RuCo, Inc.—All Rights Reserved

    

Appearances